The Traffic Signal Systems Committee
Welcome to the web site of the Traffic Signal Systems Committee (TSSC), a technical standing committee AHB25 (previously A3A18) of the Transportation Research Board (TRB) of the National Academies. TSSC is concerned with provision of the safe and efficient movement of people and goods on surface streets through the use of traffic management systems.
The Traffic Signal Systems Committee membership is listed on the Membership page. Anyone interested in Traffic Signal Systems is welcome to become a Friend of the Committee. You can send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to become a friend and be added to the mailing list (tssc At iastate dot edu).
The scope of the Committee’s activities include:
- system design, implementation, operations, and maintenance;
- development of traffic operations centers;
- development of traffic management strategies;
- integration and operational evaluation of surface street systems with freeway, traveler information, and transit systems; and
- incorporation of surface street systems into Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS).